(Photo credit: Corwin Bell)
The Cathedral Hive - Assemble Your Own
We have received great feedback on the Cathedral Hives in the field and from all the people who have
been enjoying their Cathedral Hives they build from our plans.
We know that building the Cathedral Hive from just the plans is not for everyone and can
be challenging for those without woodworking skills.
We have been working hard to make the Cathedral Hive Assembly as low cost as possible,
while insuring that the difficult aspects of the construction are pre-assembled and furnished
in the kit. Some woodworking tools and jigs are needed to assemble The Kit
The Cathedral Hive parts comes with a set of FULLY assembled hexagon Cathedral bars.
The Cathedral parts include:
- Hive Body parts (All vent holes drilled and vent slots made)
- Ventilated Roof parts
- Glass Viewing Window - Fully assembled installed in one of the hive body panels
- Hexagon False back and Front blank board
- Stainless steel Hardware set and screen material
- Assembly diagram and step by step instructions with photos
Some basic woodworking skills and tools are required to assemble the hive.
The tools needed to assemble the hive:
- Drill/Screw gun - none of the hive parts are pre-drilled, so you need to be able to use a drill/screw gun.
- Compressed Air Staple gun
- 4 heavy duty Ratchet Straps
- Long furniture clamps or bar clamps - 36" or longer
- Standard C-clamps or pony clamps
- Build a jig- build a 'Gluing Board' to hold the 3 sides at a perfect angel while the glue dries
- Woodworkers Glue & - Staples - 1 1/4 x 18 Narrow crown
- Optional: Router 1/4 radius or vibrating sander to round over edges of wood for a finished look
Full web page of instructions to assemble - Assembling Cathedral Hive Parts
Printed Manual with images and full instructions
Cathedral Hive Assembly Plans - Diagram
We have created several pages that are now available on our website that will show the parts you need
to create the Cathedral Hive and the assembly process.
The Cathedral Hive - Building Tips for The Plans has detailed explanations and tips of the assembly process that will insure that
hive builders have a good experience and a successful outcome.
More Links to The Cathedral Hive:
The Cathedral Hive - Buy Fully Assembled
The Cathedral Hive - Buy Un-Assembled
The Cathedral Hive - Buy Hive Plans and Cathedral Bars
The Cathedral Hive - Building Tips for The Plans
The Cathedral Hive - Assembling Cathedral Hive Parts
The Cathedral Hive - The Gallery
The Cathedral Hive - The Design
The Cathedral Hive - Installing Bees into